Stephen Ministry is a program of our congregation that equips lay persons to provide distinctively Christian one-to-one care to those who are experiencing all kinds of life needs and circumstances, both in our congregation and community.
Stephen Ministers are committed Christian people who:
- express God's care through their lives to others
- receive 50 hours of initial training in important caring ministry skills and concepts
- are commissioned as Stephen Ministers after completing their initial training
- visit another person regularly and dependably and offer Christian support and care
- participate in regular support and supervision under the guidance of trained Stephen Leaders
- are committed to preserving the confidential nature of the caring relationship
- serve for at least two years
- receive continuing education and skill building throughout their years of service
Stephen Ministers meet the needs of people:
- the hospitalized
- the terminally ill and their families
- people who move into or out of our community
- those grieving a death or serious loss
- the homebound and institutionalized
- prisoners, ex-offenders and their families
- those with a job crisis
- the aging and elderly
- those with disabilities and their families
- those needing the support of a Christian friend
- those facing life transitions
- the separated or divorced
- households experiencing birth or adoption
- those in spiritual crisis
Stephen Ministry is confidential ministry; those receiving care can be sure that their identity and what goes on in the caring relationship will remain private.
To see a video about Stephen Ministry.
If you are in need of a Stephen Minister, call the church office at 770.345.5969 x552. Please leave a message for a Stephen Minister to call you back.