To help children discover and develop a living relationship with Jesus Christ by providing Christian education, spiritual guidance, and an understanding of the basic doctrine of our faith. We will fulfill our mission by creating family ministries that promote parental and community involvement, encourage consistent communication, address challenging issues, and build Christian values so children “….will soar on wings like eagles, they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.” Isaiah 40:31
Join us in Sunday School! (All ages)
PreK-Kindergarten Sunday School: Children will participate in a bible lesson, activities and games during class. We plan to meet outside, weather permitting. Children must be potty trained.
Parents, please check in your child with one of the Sunday School leaders at the Nursery Playground gate.
Younger Elementary Sunday School: Children will participate in a bible lesson, activities and games during class. We plan to meet outside, weather permitting. This class is appropriate for children in First-Second Grades. Please bring a mask and a labeled water bottle.
Parents, please check in your child with one of the Sunday School leaders at the picnic tables beside the Fellowship Hall.
Older Elementary Sunday School: Children will participate in a bible lesson, activities and games during class. Parents, please check in your child with one of the Sunday School leaders in the Education Hall.
Children With Special Needs
We believe God has given us a wonderful and unique opportunity to support families by providing a safe, loving, Christ-focused program for special needs children while parent(s) and siblings attend worship, Sunday School, and serve at Hickory Flat Church.
We put children first. Hickory Flat Church wants you to know that your child is safe with our workers and volunteers.We believe that a church should be a safe place for all children and youth. We have leaders and teachers who are certified CPR and First Aid certified caregivers in each of the classroom areas. We have a Safe Sanctuary policy in place and all volunteers and staff who work with children submit to a background check and training.
Service Opportunities For Children
Children learn to be servants by serving. During regular Sunday and Wednesday ministries, the children have many opportunities to serve through small mission projects. Vacation Bible School week always highlights a specific outreach mission opportunity.
You can always contact us with any other questions or ideas! We look forward to being in ministry with your children and family!
- Sun, Aug 14Main Campus - T1Aug 14, 4:00 PMMain Campus - T1, 4056 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA 30115, USAFacilitator: Jacque Williams; begins August 14; Sunday 4 pm. Room T2 Meet the Faith of Wesley – Real and Relevant in Today’s world presenting Christianity from a Wesleyan perspective, Jones invites participants to focus on how, through discipleship with Jesus Christ, we become part of God’s Work
- Sun, Aug 14Main Campus T1Aug 14, 4:00 PMMain Campus T1, 4056 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA 30115, USAFacilitator: Rod Bennett; begins August 14, Sunday 4 pm. Room T1 Highlights pivotal points in the Scripture. Lifts up the Bible’s most significant stories, themes, events and people. Gives insight into possible life applications for individuals, congregations, and communities.
- Tue, Aug 16Main Campus - Admin Conference RoomAug 16, 6:30 PMMain Campus - Admin Conference Room, 4056 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA 30115, USAFacilitator: Dawn Williams; Begins Tuesday August 16 6:30 pm Admin. Conf. Room Discover the Jewish roots of the Christian faith. By exploring the mysteries of the Messiah, you can ignite a new love for Jesus and passion for the Bible.
- Wed, Aug 17Main Campus - T3Aug 17, 6:00 PMMain Campus - T3, 4056 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA 30115, USAFacilitator: Dave Benson; Begins August 17; Wednesday 6:30-7:30 pm Room T-3 Empowers, those who participate, to know, name and live out their special calling from God. What are your Spiritual Gifts? How can you use them to glorify God? Where do they help you fit in at church, with the community,
- Fri, Aug 19Main Campus - Admin Building ConferenceAug 19, 8:30 AMMain Campus - Admin Building Conference , 4056 E Cherokee Dr, Canton, GA 30115, USAFacilitator: Phyllis Byers Begins August 19; 8:30 am Admin Conf Room. A yearlong journey through the Bible to strengthen women’s faith. When you need to lift your spirits or tackle life’s challenges, the Bible is always there to offer guidance. This inspiring approach to Bible study for women combin
Children Ages 4 and Younger
We foster age-appropriate Christian awareness through stories, crafts and songs. We have nurseries designed to prepare each age with sound principles about God’s love and God’s creation.
Nursery care is available for children ages 3 years and younger:
During both Sunday morning worship celebrations and Sunday school.
Wednesday nights for parents attending classes or volunteering in Wednesday evening programming.
Special church-wide activities and meetings check with us for arrangements
Contact Connie Klements for questions or further information at email@example.com
Sunday Mornings for Pre-K - 5th grade
Our lessons are designed for our youngest disciples! Your kids will enjoy being a part of the lesson through skits, dancing, games, crafts and more!
Classes meet in the Education Wing across from the Fellowship Hall. Check in with leaders in Room E6 for our large group class.
For first time visitors, please register your children with Connie in the Welcome Area.
Wednesday Nights for Kids
Calling all Pre-K and 5th graders!!
Classes meet 6:30-7:30 pm, August - May (except during CCSD breaks).
Please bring your bible, a
Children in PreK-3rd Grade meet in the Education Wing for Music and Bible classes. The kids will be divided into small groups based on their ages/grade level.
Our music class will practice for special performances throughout the year and children will be able to perform in services on specified dates.
The Faith Warrior Group, 4th-5th Graders, will also meet in the Education Wing. Our older kids have their own class and not only dig deeper into the bible but will also discuss current social topics and issues they may face in their daily lives.
The Faith Warriors will also have some extra off-campus outings throughout the year and will end the year with a Spring Retreat. Dates and locations TBD.
Contact Nichole Hall for questions or further information at firstname.lastname@example.org